amreezle

amreezle

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

-Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein, TLC's Little Couple, Suffer Miscarriage

 
Joy has turned to despair for the stars of TLC's The Little Couple.
Soon after the couple, who successfully transferred an embryo to their surrogate, learned that encouraging news, the surrogate miscarried their unborn child.
Dr. Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein, who both have a bone-growth disorder that causes dwarfism, have documented their long road to parenthood on the show.
Arnold and Klein, who are married, say they decided to use a surrogate to have a baby, because of the challenges a pregnancy could pose to her health.
Dr. Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein
On The Little Couple season finale, they learned their surrogate was expecting.
"After we got pregnant, the craziness ensued with us wondering what to do with the baby's room, making sure our surrogate was getting her vitamins," Klein says.
But since filming their happy visit to the doctor, the pair's surrogate lost the pregnancy. Klein had to contact his wife, a neonatologist at Texas Children's Hospital.
"I didn't want her to be the last person to find out. Ugly or happy, it needs to be told. It was a very tough day, and Jen took it harder than she originally expected."
"I cried my eyes out," Arnold admits, especially given her work.
"I deal with families who lose babies and I will cry with them, but I thought I would be stronger. Nothing can completely prepare for all that when it is about you."
When the couple were able to get together at the end of the day, they mourned, crying and comforting one another and later talking to their family and friends.
The next day they decided they would not give up permanently in their quest, continuing trying to start a family, with both surrogacy and adoption as paths.
"Bill was a rock, and he held me through everything," Arnold says.
"By the next morning, I realized that I needed to try again. We were so close and so pregnant with the ultrasound looking good, and so it was horrible for it to end."
"But I couldn't have said I was done. A lot of family asked, 'Do you want to go through this again?' And my answer is, yes. I would be miserable if I didn't try again."
We wish them nothing but the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment