amreezle

amreezle

Thursday, October 20, 2011

           African Pride, Balozi, Fashion, Models, Watanzania Kimataifa......
She is famously known as a Goodwill Ambassador for Tanzania. Her name is Tausi Likokola, one of the most successful international models that Tanzania has ever produced. In her modeling career, she has graced the catwalk stages of international shows and showcased some of the most renowned labels such as Gucci, Escada, Tommy Hilfiger, Christian Dior, Issey Miyake and many more.

However, Tausi is not just a model or a Goodwill Ambassador for Tanzania. She is an activist, an author and a mother. She is the founder of the not-for-profit organization, Tausi AIDS Fund, which supports prevention and awareness programs against HIV/AIDS in Africa. It is actually her efforts to support prevention and awareness of HIV/AIDS in Africa that landed her the title of a Goodwill Ambassador for Tanzania as a recognition and encouragement from the Government of Tanzania.

Recently, Tausi added yet another book in her list of books that she has authored. Her most recent book is titled The Touch of An Angel. About this book, Tausi says; “This is the closest and most private part of my life. This is my story of loss and how I am reconciling that loss. This is a memoir of my angel, AMANI. It is a story of life’s joy and pain”.

I recently caught up with Tausi to talk about her new book and also a couple of other things. Here is the interview;

A: Congratulations for the launch of your latest book, The Touch of An Angel and welcome to AMREEZLE.BLOGSPOT.COM. How are you doing today?

Tausi: Doing very well, thank you for all your support over the years.

A: When did you decide to write a The Touch of an Angel? Did you have any particular reason for starting to write at that very moment?

Tausi: I have been writing as long as I can remember and always expressed myself through writing….likewise with this book….I was working my feeling and emotions through my writing. I started writing the book in Japan in 2005 following the death of my first born “Amani”….this book is on the incident that unfolded during that time.

A: How was your writing process like? Did you have to get up early morning everyday to write or how did it go?

Tausi: I wrote whenever I felt like writing, sometimes at 2am in the morning and sometimes at 2pm during the day…..whenever emotions hit me, I hit the paper.

A: We know that this book is a true story of your little angel Amani. I am just wondering how you went about plotting it. Did you outline first all the major events or did you just let the thoughts and feelings flow the way they did?

Tausi: Yes it was a series of incidents and how they unfolded, from the hospital to home and how I dealt with it.

A: We know you have written other successful books. How different was it to write The Touch of an Angel given the fact that it bears true events of your personal life?

Tausi: When I write, I always have someone or something in mind, this time it was working my emotions of losing a son and allowing God to heal me in my situation. Amani lived only 11 days. He was born with chromosome disorder called Trysome 18.

A: Do you have book signings event planned for Tanzania?

Tausi: It has been four years since I last visited Tanzania. After Amani, I had two other children and being a mother has been a full time commitment from my part…..limiting my travels as I used to. Never the less, I will be making arrangement to visit again and do a few book signing as well.

A: You are one of the mostly recognized Tanzanian ambassadors through fashion and beauty. Looking at how Tanzania has evolved in the world of fashion since then, what do you have to say about it? Are we going towards the right direction?

Tausi: Being absent from home for 4 years, I hardly know what is going on there on beauty and fashion but I see a few good Tanzanians doing amazing things and I am sure we are making progress.

A: For someone who wants to buy a copy or copies of your books; are they available in Tanzania? If yes, in which stores/ shops. And for those abroad can they order it online?

Tausi: “The Touch of an Angel” can be purchased on Amazon although
the one I just launched is an upgraded version which means it is not the same as the one which is sold online. For copies of new version please send inquiries at
vdejoy@me.com . Once I work the details with distributors/book-stores at home, I would certainly spread the word again.


A: Just for the fun of it, could you tell us something that we might be surprised to learn about you?

Tausi: Though I am somewhat a very private person, I am living to the fullest….enjoying and embracing seasons of life…..I won’t mind stopping my car somewhere with my children and dance to the ground with them…..
Tausi in a joyous moment with her kids

A: Finally, what’s in store for Tausi Likokola? Are there any new books forthcoming?

Tausi: I do my best everyday and let God lead me to the next level….the sky is the limit!

A: Tausi, you are inspirational woman to many people around the world and especially in Tanzania. Any final words of wisdom you’d like to leave me with?

Tausi: That what won’t kill you will make you stronger……Never give up.

***Amran would like to thank Tausi for granting us this interview. For more information on her, please visit her website by clicking here.


Read more: TAUSI LIKOKOLA ON “THE TOUCH OF AN ANGEL” 

No comments:

Post a Comment